Assistant outdoor education guide
What is an assistant outdoor education guide (AOEG)?
- AOEGs are expert chaperones or assistant trip leaders
- Yukon schools can hire AEOGs to help lead trips and manage risk in the field
- Schools can hire an AOEG who has required certifications for specific activities.
How can our school hire an AOEG?
- AOEGs are paid using each school's teacher-on-call budget
- Contact the placement coordinator at human resource services (HR)
- When submitting timesheets, schools must indicate instructors were hired as an AOEG. This ensures proper payment.
How can I apply to be an AOEG?
- Review the documents below
- Contact HR's placement coordinator
Department of Education HR Placement Coordinator - Lisa.Hurley@yukon.ca